What's your favourite faction?

Started by TheGangstarTY, August 12, 2015, 11:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite faction?

CIS
Republic
Empire
Rebels
August 13, 2015, 10:48:10 AM #15 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:50:52 AM by Ascertes
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 13, 2015, 10:23:33 AM
I wouldn't have expected that! Tusken Raiders? I'm sure you're a fan of Tatooine: Mos Anek then. Has anyone made the Tuscan Raiders Playable for Star Wars Battlefront 1 Dune Sea? It would be pretty cool to be fair.
Nice to see something completely different! And I like how you look at the CIS from how they acted out in the movies too. It's pretty cool!

If I had to choose a faction like those, it would have to be the Tusken Raiders too.

I would indeed be a fan of Mos Anek, I did build that map after all lol  ;)

And yes I also believe there is map out there where you can do that...I believe it's called Tusken Assault. It's Empire VS. Tuskens though, so slightl modified.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

August 13, 2015, 10:50:34 AM #16 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:52:26 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ascertes on August 13, 2015, 10:48:10 AM
I would indeed, I did build that map after all lol  ;)

And yes I also believe there is map out there where you can do that...I believe it's called Tusken Assault. It's Empire VS. Tuskens though, so slightl modified.

Omg :rofl: I completely forgot who made that map :XD: So sorry haha! It's certainly one of my favourites though ;)

Ah I see, I'll search for it shortly.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

August 13, 2015, 10:52:25 AM #17 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:54:41 AM by Ascertes
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 13, 2015, 10:50:34 AM
Omg :rofl: I completely forgot who made that map :XD: So sorry haha! It's certainly one of my favourites though ;)
Ah I see, I'll search for it shortly.

Glad to hear you enjoy it  8) It's why I build maps in the first place: So others can enjoy them!

I'm not sure if this site has it but I believe it WAS on filefront before the networked sites got shut down...It may still be on gamefront though.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

Quote from: Ascertes on August 13, 2015, 10:52:25 AM
Glad to hear you enjoy it  8) It's why I build maps in the first place: So others can enjoy them!

I do enjoy them a lot ;) I would also like to start making maps but I have no idea how to get started :/
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 13, 2015, 10:56:23 AM
I do enjoy them a lot ;) I would also like to start making maps but I have no idea how to get started :/

Well the first thing you will want to do is get the Mod Tools if you don't have them already. I downloaded them off filefront but I'm almost certain we have them here too.

If it's a matter of inspiration or not sure where to start with the physical building, try thinking of a stock map that you might want to somehow improve, or another scenario on a stock planet. That's how I got the inspiration for my Kashyyyk map. You may also want to try drawing a rough outline on paper or in paint.

It's really hard at first (Mos Anek, being my first map, was a bugger to get built, took me 2 months...) but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy.

Quote from: Ascertes on August 13, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
Well the first thing you will want to do is get the Mod Tools if you don't have them already. I downloaded them off filefront but I'm almost certain we have them here too.

If it's a matter of inspiration or not sure where to start with the physical building, try thinking of a stock map that you might want to somehow improve, or another scenario on a stock planet. That's how I got the inspiration for my Kashyyyk map. You may also want to try drawing a rough outline on paper or in paint.

It's really hard at first (Mos Anek, being my first map, was a bugger to get built, took me 2 months...) but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy.

I think I have the mod tools stored in my computer somewhere but if not, I'll check here.

I did load it up once but ended up with a dark, empty map (I tried loading up Endor) so I had no idea what I was doing :XD: I will give it a go again soon though. I would really like to create my very own map ;)

Since Mos Anek was you're first map, that is incredible! My first map will be something that would probably make you question my sanity :XD: But I'll try making a map again. I just have trouble choosing what map I want to improve too :/

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 13, 2015, 11:13:34 AM
I think I have the mod tools stored in my computer somewhere but if not, I'll check here.

I did load it up once but ended up with a dark, empty map (I tried loading up Endor) so I had no idea what I was doing :XD: I will give it a go again soon though. I would really like to create my very own map ;)

Since Mos Anek was you're first map, that is incredible! My first map will be something that would probably make you question my sanity :XD: But I'll try making a map again. I just have trouble choosing what map I want to improve too :/

I can't load up stock maps either. I get a grey field even though I do exactly what Led's tutorial says...Oh well.  :rant: It's not too bad building your own maps from scratch. I'd recommend starting with your favorite planet, whether it be stock or one in another SW game. You should be able to easily mix and match assets to get the intended result if you go for something non-stock, though I would highly recommend starting with a stock planet.

Quote from: Ascertes on August 13, 2015, 11:26:52 AM
I can't load up stock maps either. I get a grey field even though I do exactly what Led's tutorial says...Oh well.  :rant: It's not too bad building your own maps from scratch. I'd recommend starting with your favorite planet, whether it be stock or one in another SW game. You should be able to easily mix and match assets to get the intended result if you go for something non-stock, though I would highly recommend starting with a stock planet.

I'll probably go for Bespin Platforms. I played that map 24/7 when I was on my PS2. Anyway, we're going off topic :XD: so I'll message you shortly about the Mod Tools ;)