Started by TheGangstarTY, August 12, 2015, 11:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite faction?

CIS
Republic
Empire
Rebels
Hello!
So I have been wondering this for quite a while as I've seen different people who prefer different factions in Star Wars Battlefront.

I personally prefer the Rebels because I ALWAYS used to play as them when I was younger, especially the Rebel Soldier. My favourite class has got to be the Rebel Soldier, just for the design of him. I also love the X-Wing! It's my favourite vehicle too!

What about you guys? If you want, you can post your favourite class too to make things more interesting. I'm really curious how this will turn out knowing that people like different factions for different reasons and there's not really a "best faction".
Thanks!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Maybe not technically the best since there's no jet but I've always chosen Rebels since I started on ps2 10 years ago. 99% of my playtime is with rockets.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 12, 2015, 12:07:25 PM
Maybe not technically the best since there's no jet but I've always chosen Rebels since I started on ps2 10 years ago. 99% of my playtime is with rockets.
Nice! I would go Rebel Soldier 99% of the time too (except in multiplayer). Multiplayer is more for Rockets, Snipers and dark troopers.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Rebels are my favorite faction. It has my favorite rocket, pilot and sniper classes. Wookie is also a fun/underrated unit.

CIS is also a fun faction. Super battle droid is the best trooper unit by a mile. Good rocket, pilot and sniper units too.

I like Empire mostly for dark troopers, but otherwise the rest of the units are not particularly fun for me.

I really dislike the Republic faction. I think clone pilot is the worst unit in the game because it doesn't require skill to master. You basically just point in a general direction to kill opponents. There really just isn't anything fun or interesting about Clones. Jet troopers are the only unit worth playing with for clones, but I would much rather be any other faction.

Quote from: SirPimped on August 12, 2015, 12:14:10 PM
Rebels are my favorite faction. It has my favorite rocket, pilot and sniper classes. Wookie is also a fun/underrated unit.

CIS is also a fun faction. Super battle droid is the best trooper unit by a mile. Good rocket, pilot and sniper units too.

I like Empire mostly for dark troopers, but otherwise the rest of the units are not particularly fun for me.

I really dislike the Republic faction. I think clone pilot is the worst unit in the game because it doesn't require skill to master. You basically just point in a general direction to kill opponents. There really just isn't anything fun or interesting about Clones. Jet troopers are the only unit worth playing with for clones, but I would much rather be any other faction.

I'd say CIS is my second favourite. They seem a lot more unique which is why I like them. And to be fair, I think for pretty much anyone, the Republic is out of the question haha! If someone votes Republic, I'd be extremely curious as to what they like in it.
The only time I play as Republic is probably in maps like Sereja's where they are more fun to play as. I like the way Sereja ported some of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 classes to Star Wars Battlefront 1. Polis Massa is another map I like of his, especially the placing of the command posts.

I really wanna say the Republic, because for years and years I thought Clone Troopers were the coolest things ever (and I still do!), but I like how the Rebels play better. SirPimped, i'm not sure what you mean about the Clone Pilot being easy, I've always found them to be incredibly hard to play as.

How can it be hard to play with a unit that requires no aim ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Rebels. I personally identify with fighting against gigantic space fascist regimes.

Rebels have all the fun classes. Got to give droids some points too for the deka  ;)

Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 12, 2015, 01:35:40 PM
SirPimped, i'm not sure what you mean about the Clone Pilot being easy, I've always found them to be incredibly hard to play as.
https://youtu.be/HSUf8w0dpbg?t=4m56s

Kiwi does a good job of explaining the clone pilot's ability to hit the enemy without having accuracy.

Favorite faction? Oh geez...Assuming I can break from the standard playable 4, my favorite is beyond question the Tusken Raiders. Ever since the first time I fired up the Dune Sea and saw there was a third faction that competed for Command Post control, I was in love. I wanted nothing more than to play as them on that map and take the fight to the standard factions. I even went through a phase where I forbid myself from killing any of them, and doing everything in my power to help them "win."

If we have to choose from the standard four, then it's the CIS. Especially the version from Episode 1. I guess my love for them comes from a strategic point of view. They're easy to mass produce and they won't betray you. I love the elegant simplicity of the entire faction.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Sure, it's easy to HIT with the Bolt Caster, but it's slow and doesn't do much damage, giving the enemy an opportunity to mow you down before you're finished with them.  At least that's my experience with them.  :shrug:

Quote from: Ascertes on August 12, 2015, 11:07:03 PM
Favorite faction? Oh geez...Assuming I can break from the standard playable 4, my favorite is beyond question the Tusken Raiders. Ever since the first time I fired up the Dune Sea and saw there was a third faction that competed for Command Post control, I was in love. I wanted nothing more than to play as them on that map and take the fight to the standard factions. I even went through a phase where I forbid myself from killing any of them, and doing everything in my power to help them "win."

If we have to choose from the standard four, then it's the CIS. Especially the version from Episode 1. I guess my love for them comes from a strategic point of view. They're easy to mass produce and they won't betray you. I love the elegant simplicity of the entire faction.

I wouldn't have expected that! Tusken Raiders? I'm sure you're a fan of Tatooine: Mos Anek then. Has anyone made the Tuscan Raiders Playable for Star Wars Battlefront 1 Dune Sea? It would be pretty cool to be fair.
Nice to see something completely different! And I like how you look at the CIS from how they acted out in the movies too. It's pretty cool!

If I had to choose a faction like those, it would have to be the Tusken Raiders too.

August 13, 2015, 10:35:06 AM #13 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:38:31 AM by Phobos
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on August 13, 2015, 10:23:33 AM
I wouldn't have expected that! Tusken Raiders? I'm sure you're a fan of Tatooine: Mos Anek then. Has anyone made the Tuscan Raiders Playable for Star Wars Battlefront 1 Dune Sea? It would be pretty cool to be fair.
Nice to see something completely different! And I like how you look at the CIS from how they acted out in the movies too. It's pretty cool!

If I had to choose a faction like those, it would have to be the Tusken Raiders too.
I can host a server where you play as Tuskens vs Tuskens or Tusken vs another faction (even tuskens vs jedi). No download required  :tu:
For the poll I would say Empire > Rebels > CIS > Republic

Quote from: Phobos on August 13, 2015, 10:35:06 AM
I can host a server where you play as Tuskens vs Tuskens or Tusken vs another faction (even tuskens vs jedi). No download required  :tu:
For the poll I would say Empire > Rebels > CIS > Republic

Tuskens VS Tuskens would be complicating :XD: But Tuskens VS another Faction would be great as well as Tusken VS Jedi! Also, would you be able to create a server where you have 5 Missions on Dune Sea? So like this:
Tuskens VS Rebels - Dune Sea
Tuskens VS Empire - Dune Sea
Tuskens VS CIS - Dune Sea
Tuskens VS Republic - Dune Sea
Tuskens VS Jedi - Dune Sea
And that would be the map cycle. This would be pretty cool to have a server based around Tusken Raiders being playable!
Tuskens VS Tuskens would also be fun if you could make both sides unique to each other too