Battlefront 1 maps with Geonosian Elites?

Started by KommissarReb, June 08, 2015, 07:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been playing around with Republic Commando lately, and I was wondering if there were any maps for BF1 (can't get BF2 to work sadly) that had Geonosian Warriors and Geonosian Elites with their beam cannons. I know in some of kitfisto15678's maps (http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/developer/kitfisto15678;36158) Geonosians had purple sniper rifles that can be charged up and fired like the beam rifles in BF2, but I don't get the same vibe since the beam isn't big and fiery and that it comes from a non geonosian-looking gun.

So are there BF1 maps out there that have Geonosians that have their Pikes, Sonic Blasters, and their Elite Beam Weapons?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Actually would be kinda cool to see Geonosians like that in a mod map. So far I haven't seen any that in depth as to what you're explaining. You could get a beam of some kind (depending on how the weapon ODF is setup) but I don't think that will change the NPC fire times. Since NPCs in SWBF usually only fire in spurts and don't hammer on off the rounds such as the elite does.

If there was an elite done right, that would be amazing. The only way I could really see an elite working correctly is if it was actually "faked" as an air vehicle (such as the droideka is to the CIS). Difference being the elite would use air based nodes and never touch ground (like how they are in commando) so he'd essentially hover around using the beam weapon. Only thing is I don't know how much customization can be done like that to the existing AI base we have to work with. My guess is something like that would have to be coded in, which in that case would be impossible.
photobucket limit image removed

I'm not asking for anything that elaborate, but what about something like this, just in BF1? Just skip to 15:34 in the video, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.