Please Help Direct 11 Issue [WINDOWS 10]

Started by ThunderousBlade, December 30, 2015, 11:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm getting a very feeble error.
When I try to start the game it comes up with this:
"The procedure entry point CreateCXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library" ...... "SYSTEM32"\d3d11.dll"

I tried fixing all my dlls so the game is the problem. I even tried reinstalling it any ideas? Somebody else got it to work on Windows 10 without these error coming up. What should I do?

what version of SWBF?

the original 2004?

SWBF2

or reboot SWBF 2015?

if it is the original SWBF, you can try to run it in compatibility mode for XP
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yes it's the original Battlefront for PC. Posted it here since it's the right section for Battlefront 1.

Tried that but it won't work.

I also tried to update to 1.2 and use the no cd patch but it did not work.

Perhaps try running an anti-virus software, or trying to run the game in safe mode.

It could also be an issue with the compatability of directx 11 and swbf. Directx 10 does work I know.

I did find some similar issues involving directx 11. I can try and help more later.

January 05, 2016, 02:08:26 PM #5 Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:38:08 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
I'm pretty sure its a shader thing, but I don't have enough info. I wish I had Windows10 so I could reproduce the problem..
--
I can't think of why your battlefront installation would even bother with DX11, since installer automatically comes with the version of DX that the developers used when making the game.
--
When I google CXGIFactory (or CXGIFactory2) all I can get is the DirectX 11 DXGIFactory.
--
Found similar results ( I searched the error in the op):
http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/459072-sweetfx-remove-dxgi-fx-dxgi-dll-fix-d3d11-dll-error.html

Can you find dxgi.dll or dxgi.fx anywhere in the game directory or in SYSTEM?
I found the dll on my windows 8
QuoteC:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-directx-dxgi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.17210_none_cf65d27839f1428d

I tried to rename this file to dxgi_backup.dll To see if I could get battlefront to run even though the reference would be gone, but I can't do anything to it (no SYSTEM access..) So I can't test that.

Quote from: -RepubliqueCmdr- on January 05, 2016, 02:08:26 PM
I tried to rename this file to dxgi_backup.dll To see if I could get battlefront to run

It worked! Thank you a lot! I bought the game off Ebay but could never run it after install even if I enter-spammed the error message which would get the game to load but it would freeze. Renaming the Dll file in the gamedata fixed it!

Thats great! Have fun playing!
I guess mine isn't the same because it was in my system (not gamedata, where battlefront runs), so my game wouldn't see it anyways.
For some reason it got propagated with DX11 to the gamedata directory, and I guess that screws with battlefronts older tech.