Tuesday and Saturday night fights SWBF1

Started by Sandman, February 19, 2017, 01:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 19, 2017, 01:56:37 PM Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 03:22:26 PM by Anyder
Greetings to all..we've been playing BF1 since Nov of 2016 regularly until recently when our server Admin took a dump and became AWOL...my crew and myself includes 12 players looking for a consistent un-modded server to participate on weekly if possible..looking for just simplistic..a Gladiator map without AI/team select/friendly fire on/reinforcements of 300/cloud city (not platforms)...and also a server that would be auto assigned..reinforcements of 300..About 8 AI per side..No mods..Friendly fire off..auto aim on..maps would like them to be Rhen Var Citadel..Mos Eisley..Cloud City (NOT PLATFORMS)..Naboo Theed..if I have to pay for a server or contribute that would be fine, we just need somewhere to play..thx

Edit:
Wanted to add that we've been playing since '06..just revived it recently back in November last yr..my crew is as follows..
Rolo..Mr Toxic..Wildthing..Dimonbak..Lawgiver..Melvin_Stealth..Sith Lord B..BAMA GIRL..Wildthing..SMITTY..SWAMPRAT..SANDMAN..

Edit by Anyder: Try to use the edit button next time if u wanna add anything to ur post  :)

Welcome to SWBFGamers! Currently I'm hosting a BF1 PS2 server with all maps (except the ones that restart ps2) on it, another one can be hosted with the settings you requested later this week.

That'd be great..I'll inform the fellas!..thx!

What time do you guys play on Tuesday and Saturday? The other server might be up by Tuesday evening.

Tuesdays we usually get on around 8 pm central..Saturday is kinda tricky..we have guys in different time zones..from noon Saturday til 200 am Sunday if that availability is doable as a window

Quote from: Sandman on February 19, 2017, 05:59:30 PM
Tuesdays we usually get on around 8 pm central..Saturday is kinda tricky..we have guys in different time zones..from noon Saturday til 200 am Sunday if that availability is doable as a window
The server is up now exactly as requested with no mods, the only difference is the reinforcements are set to default values. Maplist is set to non-randomized bes2a bes2r tat2i tat2r nab2a nab2c_h rhn1i rhn1r rhn2a rhn2c. Several players report that Citadel reboots their PS2 so I put those maps on last.

For now, this secondary PS2 server will only be hosted on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I can probably have the reinforcements adjusted by next weekend.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!  Finally able to test your servers..outstanding..everything works..if I could make a small request..can u rename the gladiator server to ..well..anything beside gladiator..it's a bit confusing..we use gladiator server with team select and no AI..it's strictly for same team/team killing..that's all..very minor I know but some players go into it thinking it's team kill but it's actually just the regular playing mode..awesome job, guys..maybe up the reinforcements to 300..that's all..

Quote from: Sandman on February 23, 2017, 06:28:39 PM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!  Finally able to test your servers..outstanding..everything works..if I could make a small request..can u rename the gladiator server to ..well..anything beside gladiator..it's a bit confusing..we use gladiator server with team select and no AI..it's strictly for same team/team killing..that's all..very minor I know but some players go into it thinking it's team kill but it's actually just the regular playing mode..awesome job, guys..maybe up the reinforcements to 300..that's all..
Quote from: JackDaniel on February 21, 2017, 11:03:42 PM
it got the best maps and some big maps with less reinforcements, tell me what you people think about it and if it's fine then let's put it in action. I put the fav maps twice and some big maps with less reinforcements.

Bespin Cloud           gcw                 reinforcements: 200
Tantive Mos Eisley    clone               reinforcements: 200
RhenVar citadel    gcw                 reinforcements: 200
Kashiik Islands      gcw                  reinforcements: 60
RhenVar harbor    gcw                  reinforcements: 200
Naboo Theed       clone                reinforcements: 200
Endor         gcw                  reinforcements: 60
Bespin Citadel       clone                reinforcements: 200
Tantive Mos Eisley    gcw                  reinforcements: 200
Yavin temple      gcw                  reinforcements: 60
RhenVar harbor    clone                reinforcements: 200
Naboo Theed       gcw                  reinforcements: 200
Kamino         clone                reinforcements: 60
RhenVar citadel    gcw                  reinforcements: 200

Just a suggestion, I'm okay if it's rejected, I just want a rotation that everyone could like :) Any  suggestions will be well received.
I've combined the ideas into 1 server for now named -Colloseum- this has several maps requested by JackDaniel and Sandman

Bespin Cloud City    GCW    300v300
Bespin Cloud City    CW    300v300
Tatooine Mos Eisley    GCW    300v300
Tatooine Mos Eisley    CW    300v300
Kamino Cloning Facility    CW    350v350
Naboo Theed    GCW    300v300
Naboo Theed    Historical CW    200v300
Rhen Var Harbor    GCW    300v300
Rhen Var Harbor    CW    300v300
Rhen Var Citadel    GCW    300v300
Rhen Var Citadel    CW    300v300
Kashyyyk Islands GCW    200v300 (no vehicles)
Yavin IV Temple GCW    200v200 (no vehicles)

Vehicles should be enabled for all other maps. Fast spawn timer enabled and autoheal on some maps, which can be disabled if needed.

AI=8
Difficulty=Hard
Team Damage=Off
AutoAim=On
AutoAssign
Heroes=Off
/ainotext

February 24, 2017, 07:10:27 PM #10 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:26:52 AM by Anyder
Hey guys..citadel empire vs rebels is rebooting the ps2..any chance you can throw up another server?

Seems any kind of mods makes the map reboot

Edit by Anyder: Do not double post, use the edit button instead

Phobos, you send me pm but I can't reply to you as you blocked me. It was right after I said we preferred the original respawn with random numbers. If I offended you, I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I sent you the new Cristian's DNS via Snake but not sure if you got it.

Quote from: JackDaniel on February 25, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
Phobos, you send me pm but I can't reply to you as you blocked me. It was right after I said we preferred the original respawn with random numbers. If I offended you, I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I sent you the new Cristian's DNS via Snake but not sure if you got it.
He probably hasnt blocked u. There's an option to decline incoming messages from people you have not whitelisted.
Only a few of us have the privilage to send/receive messages to/from him.
Unless it is something u dont want the community to know, u can always post in a thread I can stick in the SWBFSpy to talk about PS2 Public/Community servers.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

February 25, 2017, 10:17:34 AM #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:24:39 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Sandman on February 24, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
Hey guys..citadel empire vs rebels is rebooting the ps2..any chance you can throw up another server?

Seems any kind of mods makes the map reboot
It appears to be either one of the custom LUA mods for Citadel, or it's the fact the LUA script from the PC is being used. I've restored default Citadel LUA with only 2 adjustments so if it still reboots let me know. If it does this means there is some line(s) in the PC rhn2 LUAs which cause the PS2 reboot bug. I may be able to figure this out using HxD comparisons of the munged .script files.

If Citadel is still rebooting, this means the map will either have to get taken off the server list, or no mods can be used for any maps (forcing default reinforcements and spawn times). Unless it is possible to extract the munged PS2 Citadel LUA and use these in a custom PS2 mission.lvl builder which has then citadel LUA removed. I'll have more time to test this later.

Server map rotation currently has Temple then Citadel twice and the other maps. If Citadel isn't rebooting anymore then it's one of the added custom lines I'll have to remove from any other maps which cause the reboot bug to test them also with the lines removed.

Quote from: JackDaniel on February 25, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
It was a mistake I've re-added you to the whitelist. There were some others removed from this list the other day. I have about 80 players on the whitelist and another 80 on the blacklist so sometimes the names are misclicked when updating the lists.

These are the new DNS that snake sent me
# 74.91.125.138
# 186.34.212.90
# 186.35.112.91

Update - I've removed Citadel from the main server and hosted it on a secondary server for testing.

No mods to the server works fine..as long as defaults are on (with the exception of AI and reinforcements count)..auto aim enabled..it worked great Thursday night..if you can replicate that and leave as is that would be outstanding..we appreciate the time and the creative thought put into modding it a bit but us old gamers don't need any mods..wasn't sure if it was your server Phobos or Snake's..also hoping we could play tonight..