New DICE SWBF concept art + minor details

Started by Rayce, January 30, 2015, 05:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yesterday DICE released this concept art of the new Star Wars Battlefront (3-ish):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

As well as a small bit of insight on the development process and gameplay.

Full article here:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/29/star-wars-battlefront-stunning-endor-concept-art-revealed-ign-first

Or if you prefer to see it in youtube format:

Thanks for sharing!

That picture raises a lot of questions for me in regard to what the game will eventually look like. While that is a cool Star Wars scene, it just doesn't seem to fit the Battlefront game type. You know what I mean?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I'm not sure what you mean, actually. What exactly isn't "Battlefront-ish" about it?

DICE sure does love their pretty rendering power..

I think norwood was refering to the low quality aspect of the old battlefronts, something a few Unrealed Tournament fans liked about their old maps verse the new tournament ones was the low quality looks. Kind of funny how a few polygons can make you nostalgic..

Thanks for sharing the article, CA.

Seems familiar somehow....
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Can't really judge much about the game from the one piece of concept art though.

Not long till the spring reveal!

Completely uninformative! Whats the point of this concept art thing again? Wouldnt a screenshot from episode 6 have done the trick?

The concept art just gives us a bit of the feel of the game. Also, DICE talks a bit about the game in the article I linked.

I guess it just looks more like fan art, than Battlefront. That doesn't mean I don't like it or that it isn't cool just, it looks more like a painting or drawing, (A very cool one.) than something that makes me think: Oh wow is that Battlefront???
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014