SWBF EA REBOOT - Who's buying it?

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 26, 2015, 10:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to buy the SWBF Reboot by EA?

Pre-ordering/already pre-ordered it
10 (38.5%)
Planning to buy it/Waiting for price to drop
8 (30.8%)
Waiting to here more about it
2 (7.7%)
I don't think so
3 (11.5%)
Never buying it
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 16, 2015, 09:57:52 AM

Hello everyone!

Since the Beta has come and gone, most of us now have an idea of what it's going to be like. However, there are still some who disagree with the reboot. So I wanted to see how different this goes than the poll before the Beta.
Also, what edition have you guys bought/going to buy/would buy?

I've already pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition for Star Wars Battlefront EA which was £54, despite my disagreement with the fact it feels a bit too much like Battlefield meets Call Of Duty rather than a mix between Star Wars and Battlefield. Overall, in my opinion, it's still a fantastic game!

What about you? What options did you choose and why?

Thanks!
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I've already pre-ordered, hence the award Led and I have  ;)
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on October 26, 2015, 11:47:40 AM
I've already pre-ordered, hence the award Led and I have  ;)

Ah nice! Didn't realise there was an award for it :D
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I'd love to buy it next month, but that won't be happening since I have things to pay for next month (and it all depends on me getting a PS4, which will have to wait until December)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I enjoyed the beta enough that I'll be preordering the disk soon . I've been meaning to go to the shop but it's 40 miles so I'll probably get it from Amazon where its currently £40 instead of £50+. I might as well wait for the DLC to be ripped off by EA.  ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Didn't play the beta, read enough criticism about it, and I don't have the money for it. Although I did just now get a part-time job (starting training tomorrow at 8AM), I doubt I'll buy it until it goes cheaper. Plus, I have more practical expenses to worry for (i.e., Christmas gifts, new phone, etc.)

Im not buying it.Sorry guys but they mess alot of things and for that i can not forgive EA.This is just my opinion.Like i said before even the trailer to be shown:If this game is too different from what we expect i only gonna watch some videos on youtobe with popcorns and after 1-2 weeks when the game get boring i simply will stop.This is just my opinion.Still cant imagine im saying this words.If you guys only hear me before 3-4 months.I was like omg battlefront!!!The wait is over...but sadly its not.  :shrug:

Quote from: Ginev on October 26, 2015, 02:08:16 PM
Im not buying it.Sorry guys but they mess alot of things and for that i can not forgive EA.This is just my opinion.Like i said before even the trailer to be shown:If this game is too different from what we expect i only gonna watch some videos on youtobe with popcorns and after 1-2 weeks when the game get boring i simply will stop.This is just my opinion.Still cant imagine im saying this words.If you guys only hear me before 3-4 months.I was like omg battlefront!!!The wait is over...but sadly its not.  :shrug:

Don't worry :( There's always Star Wars: Battle Cry in development by fans!
I do agree though. It does not deserve to be a Battlefront game.

October 26, 2015, 02:39:38 PM #8 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:42:11 PM by Gistech
Why are people basing their opinions on a three level beta? You have absolutely no way of telling yet whether this game is good or not.

And a reminder that this is not an entry into the old Battlefront franchise. Of course it's not going to look or play exactly like a franchise whose last major console entry was ten years ago.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on October 26, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
Why are people basing their opinions on a three level beta? You have absolutely no way of telling yet whether this game is good or not.

And a reminder that this is not an entry into the old Battlefront franchise. Of course it's not going to look or play exactly like a franchise whose last major console entry was ten years ago.

Because there's not a lot they can change in one month. The Beta is an idea of what it's going to be like and the mechanics aren't going to be different. Or at least, not a lot different.
The only things that'll be different is the full game will have more content (most likely more bugs too), balance improvements and few finishing touches. We've basically seen enough of the game to assume what it's going to be like.
It's going to be pretty much the same as the Beta is what I'm trying to say.

Well, it sure looks fine to me.

Maybe not the 'SWBF 3' us veterans deserve, but certainly the Star Wars game we deserve after the draught we've had.
When it's affordable I'll play it to death.

Quote from: Unit 33 on October 26, 2015, 02:51:43 PM
Well, it sure looks fine to me.

Maybe not the 'SWBF 3' us veterans deserve, but certainly the Star Wars game we deserve after the draught we've had.
When it's affordable I'll play it to death.
That's why I bought it. Better than nothing to be fair.

October 26, 2015, 03:28:51 PM #12 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:31:20 PM by Joseph
Quote from: Gistech on October 26, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
You have absolutely no way of telling yet whether this game is good or not.

lol?

(nice avatar)

October 26, 2015, 03:47:57 PM #13 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:06:43 PM by Gistech
Quote from: Joseph on October 26, 2015, 03:28:51 PM
lol?

(nice avatar)

Let me expand: we've seen three levels, one per planet, and each of those is one mode from thirteen (totalling 3). The game has thirteen modes and all thirteen modes are available on all four planets. Even if we assume there's only one map per planet per mode, that's still 52 maps. That means we have seen less than 6% of what the game has to offer, prior to DLC.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 26, 2015, 04:39:26 PM #14 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:41:03 PM by Joseph
6% is a LOT of information, enough to make some good guesses about what the rest of the game will be like.