Missions (offline)

Started by Ryanoceros, December 08, 2015, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
How you guys doing on the missions?

I managed to get all five stars on the Survival on Hoth map yesterday. There's a secret way to do it!
On master difficulty is the hardest, but I managed to do it while losing only a single life, and while gather all pods and hearts (extra lives) and all collectibles. :)

Don't read further if you don't want to know how to win Survival on Hoth on master difficulty:
Here's the secret. At the end of the cargo bay, and slightly to the right is a corridor that leads to a room that has no other entrances. It's the perfect place for a defensive plan. Just stay there and let the enemy come to you. Then just mow them down with your blaster rifle. Then when there is only one probe droid left, go out and activate the pod(s), gather up a blaster cannon, then take it back to the corridor and set it up in there, it will help you in the later waves when there are a lot of troopers and the shadow troopers come for you. Then, again, after all but one probe droid has been killed, go out and gather all the collectibles and hearts. Then be sure to get back to that corridor before the next wave begins.
Easy as pie.
Still working on how to do it on the other maps. But a similar methodology will likely work there too.

Share your secrets to success, if you know any.

Yes, that's the knack of it. Find a bottleneck anywhere and wait for the AI to run at you. They're actually quite faithful to the original SWBF AI in that respect.

So far only 4 stars on the missions without the heros. I don't see how it is possible to get the less than 40 kills on master. Good job to you!

December 26, 2015, 04:04:06 PM #3 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:00:15 PM by Ryanoceros
Quote from: jedidavebo on December 20, 2015, 06:35:14 AM
So far only 4 stars on the missions without the heros. I don't see how it is possible to get the less than 40 kills on master. Good job to you!

Just a few minutes ago I got both the master and unstoppable stars on Battle on Hoth. I just uploaded the video to YouTube. Once it is processed and approved I'll post the link. I did it in 6:41! ... Way better than my time on normal and hard difficulty. Just have to know the trick. :)
So far i have 34 of 40 stars on Battles and 14 of 20 on Survival. All the training missions are done 15 of 15.

... Here's the link. Start the video at the 6 minute mark and play it from there to see how I did Master difficulty and Unstoppable in 6:41. ... I'm editing it down so you won't need to start it at the 6 minute mark. It may take awhile for them to finish that though. Currently the video is 15 minutes long, but only the last several minutes is where I did it.

I got all the stars on hoth as well! I saw that room too but I chose to use the wider bottleneck at the far end of the hangar that has a big blast door in it. It allows for more of an escape route if necessary. The maps are sooo amazing. The blaster effects look just like the movies too!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on December 26, 2015, 09:40:02 PM
I got all the stars on hoth as well! I saw that room too but I chose to use the wider bottleneck at the far end of the hangar that has a big blast door in it. It allows for more of an escape route if necessary. The maps are sooo amazing. The blaster effects look just like the movies too!

Cool! Oh, that's Survival on Hoth. I did that a weeks or so ago. Battle on Hoth is the one I did yesterday; the one with the mountains and caves.
You're right about the graphics though, they are amazing. They look like photographic quality. Visually this game is stunning. The sound effects are also fantastic.

January 07, 2016, 06:42:51 PM #6 Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:57:36 PM by Ryanoceros
I finally got Survival on Sullust - Master Difficulty (Solo)
Check it out if you are finding it impossible. I know it gave me tizzy fits for awhile.  >:(
I only show the last wave+ in this video, but the method is the same for all the waves.
It works! I also did hard without losing a life right after completing Master difficulty.

... Finally finished all Missions! Hurrah!  :cheer:

If anyone needs a co-op partner to finish off the tough missions just let me know, I'll help. Even though I have already finished all the missions I still need that trophy to complete a mission with a friend. Just friend me on PS4 : Ryanoceros876