Star Wars Battlefront EA Reboot: Reviews and Thoughts

Started by TheGangstarTY, November 19, 2015, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you like about Star Wars Battlefront Reboot? (Allowed 8 Votes Each)

I loved everything, money well spent!
I liked the graphics and sound, but the rest needs improvement.
I liked the gameplay and immersity.
I liked the amount of content.
It was all 50/50 (OK but not good enough)
I disliked the amount of content, needs more...
I disliked the gameplay and immersity, doesn't feel like Star Wars/Gameplay is a bit off.
I disliked the graphics and/or sound, the rest was OK.
I hated most of it, far from my standards.
Why did I spend my money on this?
I can't ever see this game being one that would work for clan matches, even if they would allow private servers.  The random powerups and cards--that include radar, anti-personnel homing rockets, aim enhancement, etc.--negate any hand-eye coordination skill from the game.

As a time killer, it will suffice for a while but won't hold a long term appeal to me  8)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Ginev on November 25, 2015, 11:56:11 PM
however when i saw that the auto aim is still in the game that thing simply ruined my day.
Auto-aim can be turned off.

Auto-Aim is an aim assist, and aim assist was actually in the original game (actually, it was far more effective in the original game).

I have yet to play Fighter Squadron myself so I have no idea what it is like.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I'm really enjoying it so far on the PS4, adapting to the use of a controller after so much keyboard usage is pretty weird.

There are times I'd swear that I'm firing nerf bullets while all the other players on the other side are firing nuclear tipped bullets. I can unload a clip into the other guys head, and drop a grenade down his throat and he's just fine, and he turns and fires one shot and I'm dead. :(

Quote from: Ryanoceros on November 28, 2015, 11:29:04 AM
all the other players on the other side are firing nuclear tipped bullets

There is a star card for that...

(unlocks around level 25, it is called explosive rounds.  It is in my standard loadout.)

Quote from: Led on November 28, 2015, 12:20:59 PM
There is a star card for that...

(unlocks around level 25, it is called explosive rounds.  It is in my standard loadout.)

Yeah, I got that card already. Still, how can they take so many shots and survive? That's what really bothers me. I shoot till my gun overheats and they don't die.

Are you playing the PC version, per chance?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

One thing that's improved the game alot for me is changing the card with a grenade to the right mouse button and zoom to scroll click. That seems a lot more intuitive to me.

Out of interest does anyone use melee? I never have so i just use the button for other stuff.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 28, 2015, 04:12:00 PM
One thing that's improved the game alot for me is changing the card with a grenade to the right mouse button and zoom to scroll click. That seems a lot more intuitive to me.

Out of interest does anyone use melee? I never have so i just use the button for other stuff.

I have G500 mouse with side buttons, and I use them for 1-2-3, and mouse wheel depress for melee.  It is a bit hard for me to click it at the right time. I may change it to the right click.

Quote from: Gistech on November 28, 2015, 03:16:07 PM
Are you playing the PC version, per chance?

No, On PS4. And I really suck at the hand controller. But even when I'm blasting them in the face they survive shots nobody should be able to survive. I was thinking they have some kind of immunity-to-blasts card, perhaps.
Anyway, I wish I had the PC version, and parallels with Windows... Oh heck, I really wish they made a mac version.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on November 28, 2015, 04:12:00 PM

I killed Luke with melee yesterday. It was very amusing.

I just can't wait to see the battle of Jakku. Looks amazing! Has anyone else heard that there's going to be even MORE FREE DLC??? What the :censored: has happened to EA this year? It's like someone's placed them at gun point or something :XD:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Ryanoceros on November 28, 2015, 06:26:49 PM
No, On PS4. And I really suck at the hand controller. But even when I'm blasting them in the face they survive shots nobody should be able to survive. I was thinking they have some kind of immunity-to-blasts card, perhaps.
Anyway, I wish I had the PC version, and parallels with Windows... Oh heck, I really wish they made a mac version.

Ah, well that puts cheating largely out of the window, then: it's supposed to be harder to cheat on a PS4 or XBox One than it is on PC.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on November 29, 2015, 11:23:32 AM
Ah, well that puts cheating largely out of the window, then: it's supposed to be harder to cheat on a PS4 or XBox One than it is on PC.

From what I hear there is an invincibility exploit.