Show us a cool music video Thread

Started by Phobos, May 10, 2011, 05:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 10, 2011, 05:22:58 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:27:48 PM by Zombie Hotel Developer
You can post one or two of your favorite music video here. I like this one Echoes by Pink Floyd:
http://vimeo.com/5255919

QuoteSimilar to the Dark Side of the Rainbow effect, some listeners suggested that "Echoes" synchronizes with Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey when played concurrently with the final segment (titled "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite").

"Echoes" was released three years after the film's production and is 23 minutes and 31 seconds in length, quite similar to the "Infinite" segment. Sound effects in the middle section of the song suggest to some listeners the feeling of travelling through, or flying over, an alien world. The drone vocalizations heard in the final scenes of 2001 seem to match with the discordant bass vibrations in the middle of "Echoes" as well as the choral glissandos of its finale. Some[who?] argue that there are moments when the song and film soundtrack are nearly indistinguishable. Another notable link occurs during a change in scene at precisely the moment when guitar and keyboards crescendo as the lyrics re-enter for the final verse. The early lyrics contain references to planets, which seems entirely suitable for the film's depiction of Jupiter and its moons. Adrian Maben re-created this marriage of music and image in his director's cut of Live at Pompeii using CGI.

The members of the band always denied that the synchronization was intentional. Furthermore, the technology to play back film in a recording studio circa 1971 would have been expensive and difficult for the band to acquire. However, the band had experience with creating film soundtracks by that point, having created the soundtrack to the French art house film More in 1969. Roger Waters is sometimes quoted as saying that the band's failure to contribute music to 2001's official score was his "greatest regret".The director of 2001, Stanley Kubrick, said that his main regret about the movie was not having Pink Floyd do the soundtrack.

Im actually listening Eddie Vedder's Long Nights, i was amazed by the movie.

Quote from: Syrion on May 15, 2011, 09:00:44 AM
Im actually listening Eddie Vedder's Long Nights, i was amazed by the movie.

Yes a very good movie. I have the sound track for it.

Can't beat nirvana  :cheers:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Well Nirvana can't beat Rammstein XD

(almost all their songs is just to funny to watch, even more funny when you can't speak a little german. Their songs are just REALLLY REAALLLLYYY EASY. For example the song du hast half the song they sings Du, Du hast, du hast mich, which means you, you have, you have me)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth Verik on May 21, 2011, 03:06:52 AM

Well Nirvana can't beat Rammstein XD

(almost all their songs is just to funny to watch, even more funny when you can't speak a little german. Their songs are just REALLLY REAALLLLYYY EASY. For example the song du hast half the song they sings Du, Du hast, du hast mich, which means you, you have, you have me)

Yes, Rammstein is good, but I prefer Nirvana (with the lights out is the best grunge ever). I have 3 rammstein discs all are quite enjoyable.

Speaking of in bloom, easy to hear and play on the guitar. I can play almost any nirvana song by ear.

Glad to see you people have a good taste in a wide variety of music. Many genre remain unexplored by the vast majority.