The New GameFront

Started by Ascertes, December 14, 2016, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm curious as to what you all think of the new GameFront website. I guess the people at ModDB bought the domain and intend to revitalize the place? I recently uploaded some of my files there and I'm wondering if others have done the same? I'm personally not too sure what to think of it given how new it is, but perhaps that's just because they're still working on it.

Do you think this project will be a success, or a complete failure? Just want to know really if its worth it to put stuff there. Feel free to move this thread if its in the wrong forum :P
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Yes, Moddb bought the domain, in my opinion it couldn't have been better. Of course a lot of assets or Maps are lost but I do prefer that than nothing.

Everything released at Moddb is automatically posted at Gamefront, even works in progress (but without all the pics).

The only thing that bug me is when you release something at (the new) Gamefront it will not show up/be released at Moddb, sadly it works only in one sense...That's why  I still prefer releasing stuff at Moddb.
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Quote from: Cdt Fox on December 14, 2016, 11:07:35 PM
Yes, Moddb bought the domain, in my opinion it couldn't have been better. Of course a lot of assets or Maps are lost but I do prefer that than nothing.

Everything released at Moddb is automatically posted at Gamefront, even works in progress (but without all the pics).

The only thing that bug me is when you release something at (the new) Gamefront it will not show up/be released at Moddb, sadly it works only in one sense...That's why  I still prefer releasing stuff at Moddb.

I believe there still is a mirror site up there which has all of the content that GameFront used to have, so that's something.

It also seems mods are downloaded there more frequently. I uploaded my Space Carida map there last night and it already has 27 downloads O_o

Hopefully this will turn out good and GameFront will endure :D

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

Did you uploaded your map to Moddb too? No...I believed....but one guy/bot do it for you:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads

So finally with this bizarre account your stuff has been released on both sites, I'm not surprised by the already 27 downloads, you will have more more quickly!  :D

"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Quote from: Cdt Fox on December 15, 2016, 10:15:07 PM
Did you uploaded your map to Moddb too? No...I believed....but one guy/bot do it for you:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads

So finally with this bizarre account your stuff has been released on both sites, I'm not surprised by the already 27 downloads, you will have more more quickly!  :D

Oh! It seems it put it on ModDB as well because I linked the file to GameFrontRestore. I had no idea what that was but I clicked the box anyway when filling out the upload information.

Good to know that when I do that it puts it in multiple places :)

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 17, 2016, 02:21:20 AM
After all this time?

Why?

Well, apparently they did it because they didn't want all the stuff to be lost. They knew how popular it was for older games, and coupled with their ownership of modDB, it pretty much gives them unchallenged dominance on that scene. It seems like a rather logical move if nothing else.

Quote from: Ascertes on December 17, 2016, 10:53:51 AM
Well, apparently they did it because they didn't want all the stuff to be lost. They knew how popular it was for older games, and coupled with their ownership of modDB, it pretty much gives them unchallenged dominance on that scene. It seems like a rather logical move if nothing else.
Fair enough!