Gistech's Visually-Improved Sides Mod Assets

Started by Giftheck, October 10, 2018, 07:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is the assets release for my Visually-Improved Sides Mod (found HERE)

DOWNLOAD

This includes the setup for a custom common.bnk file to replace the stock one in _LVL_PC/Sound, as well as all the sound effects used to make the 'Custom' version of common.bnk.

CREDITS:

QuoteASSETS AND SKINS:

-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Autodesk for Softimage Mod Tool 7.5
-ANDEWEGET for ZETools.
-Sereja for the Naboo Guard, SE-14C, CR-2 and S-5 weapon models.
-Free Radical for the assets from Star Wars: Battlefront III.
-LucasArts for the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed assets.
-Krome Studios for the Stormtrooper and some parts based off the 501st Stormtrooper.
-No assets from Star Wars Battlefront (2015) or Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) were used in the making of this mod.

If I've left anyone out, I apologise, but you have been a great help for getting this mod finished. So to those I didn't mention but did use assets, thank you.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

October 10, 2018, 09:22:08 PM #1 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:59:38 PM by 411Remnant
Will the new custom sounds work for any map that uses stock sounds?

Edit: Actually I just tested it with some mod maps and it definitely works on those to, as long as its not using its own custom sound files for weapons. This mod + Sereja maps = epic sounding battles.

On a side note you did really good by making this for the community. I cant stress how much better everything sounds, its almost like playing a new game. Im going to give your side improvement a try, seeing as that mod looks like high quality as well. This is joining my permanent mod folder for new battlefront installations.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on October 10, 2018, 09:22:08 PM
Will the new custom sounds work for any map that uses stock sounds?

Edit: Actually I just tested it with some mod maps and it definitely works on those to, as long as its not using its own custom sound files for weapons. This mod + Sereja maps = epic sounding battles.

On a side note you did really good by making this for the community. I cant stress how much better everything sounds, its almost like playing a new game. Im going to give your side improvement a try, seeing as that mod looks like high quality as well. This is joining my permanent mod folder for new battlefront installations.

Thank you :) This new SFX method makes it so much easier to replace stock sounds for sure - before, you would have had to go through the process of creating and referencing new world sound files, calling them in your ODF and mission.lvl etc. I'm really happy I got it working.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Holy cow, you went as far as recompiling the stock sounds ?!! Wow, my mind is blown, since my bandwidth is extremely limited I gotta ask, does this include the common.bnk builder with files ? I surely know a bunch of files to replace in the stock game for the upcoming release of my mod, I already reached nearly 200 new sound files and still come up with new ideas for replacements such as the tactical voice overs, super battle droid voices and such. It would really be super helpful and time saving.
I took things too far and I can't longer be saved... Btw if you're interested we're organizing a Release Candidate test of Ferocious v3.0 Saturday night so pm me if you're interested, I wouldn't have made it very far without your help and I'd be honored if you joined.
:cheers:
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

Yes, the assets include everything you need to munge a custom common.bnk.

I'd love to be a part of your test :)
In Progress:

On Hold:

ORSUM, if you have a Discord I can give you an invite link to the server it's going to be on, if you don't have one or don't wanna make on, I'll send you all the details for joining around Friday night  :moo:

Imma test this tonight, thanks bro.

RELEASE INCOMING

Thanks, looking forward to it  :tu:
In Progress:

On Hold:

Goodness. What you have done is essentially inhuman and amazing. A bit more and the totality of this game will be literally open source.

It works like a dream.

Btw I gotta ask, do you have any gcw.lvl builders I could use a bit like this one ? It would be infinitely useful to me to test something on it and overall finish the last part of my mod

RELEASE INCOMING

Afraid not. That might be a little project I put together later but for now, as unit voices are streams, I'm trying to keep away from streams as we don't have them all.
In Progress:

On Hold:

The original streams I do not really care about besides imperials as I redub all the game,  but yeah I see.
(Although that's effin strange, I have implemented unit voices as effects and yet they work).
Hmmmm.

RELEASE INCOMING

Quote from: 1ИC06И170 on October 20, 2018, 07:49:02 AM
The original streams I do not really care about besides imperials as I redub all the game,  but yeah I see.
(Although that's effin strange, I have implemented unit voices as effects and yet they work).
Hmmmm.

I think unit voices are put into a different memory pool. They're called the same way music and background ambience is as opposed to sound effects. Other stream types include background ambience, and battle music. The latter is easily replicated or replaced but the ambient streams are much harder to replicate.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Blast. I might be stuck on the Release Candidate state of my work for a significant amount of time then.... It is really the last thing that prevents me from forcing all of my stuff inside the game for good.

RELEASE INCOMING