Started by TheGangstarTY, August 30, 2016, 10:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be buying Battlefield 1?

Yes, definitely!
Yes
Maybe
No
No, definitely not!
August 30, 2016, 10:26:45 AM Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:44:27 PM by TheGangstarTY
Hello all,

I thought this would be a relevant topic considering Battlefront is similar to Battlefield and figured that some people here may have tried the open beta. I wanted to see what others thoughts on it are. You may not have much to say until tomorrow considering this is the Early Access day, which only insiders such as myself get. Tomorrow is the public version's release though.

To begin with, I wanted to get the worst parts about this game out of the way. For starters, it's a laggy mess which really lets this game down because it'd be so good if it wasn't. I find myself constantly freezing, for NO reason. Even in the menu it drops in FPS for no reason. Don't worry about this though, drivers are already coming out to fix this by the sounds of this new update that came in for me today. This is all fixed as long as you have the latest AMD/NVIDIA drivers (both released on 30/08/2016). I can assure you that both AMD and NVIDIA have already resolved this issue. The game is spot on ;)
Now for the good stuff. Gameplay. What do I think about it? I love the gameplay on this, sprinting across the desert trying to avoid being shot at by sharpshooters and planes. Charging at people in close combat with the bayonet and dodging heavy fire by mantling through buildings and over walls. Then getting into the train and unleashing hell onto those holding in buildings.
Whilst playing, I found myself talking about the realism. If you're in a tight spot you need to get down quick. It's very hard to escape someone shooting at you unless you're near a building. Otherwise craters are your only option. Oh, and about craters, if you're being chased by a vehicle (excluding horses) craters a great way to escape. Plant dynamite down and get out of that crater as soon as the vehicle is about to roll over it and then detonate the dynamite. I've got a lot of kills from that tactic. One more thing on realism, you'll find that the minute you pop your head out of cover, you'll be getting shot at.
The sound is great, but until the drivers are updated you'll have to put up with stuttering every so often. Same thing happened with Battlefront. I found that the game can be extremely loud when you're in the heat of battle. When you move onto Duff and Charlie, it'll be all out warfare and you wont be able to hear your friends that well.
Graphics as always are beautiful. I love getting up on the rocks at Freddy and watching all of the gunfire and dog fighting from planes at Duff and Charlie. Another exciting thing for me was the smoke. When the train passes or another vehicle passes you can use the smoke as an advantage. Especially at Duff, I often hide in or under the carriages until the train passes and then I charge into the building using the smoke so it's hard for people to see you. The way the graphics can be used as such an advantage is incredible.
Other comments to make is the fact that this game has an unpredictable weather system in place too. This can also be used as an advantage but I'm not yet sure if this at all effects the bullets. However it's still a great feature.
All in all, this is an incredible game. This clearly shows how incredible EA's Battlefront would be if they hadn't rushed its release just to get it for the movie. I hope that come the next Battlefront, they would've spent as much time on it as they have on this. Once the drivers are up to date I'm sure this game will be almost flawless. Will I buy it? No. Would I buy it if I had the money to spare? Yes. I would recommend this game.

So that makes me wonder, how many of you have played this and have you enjoyed it as much as I have? I'd love to discuss it in the comments. I want to leave you all with one thought. Imagine what Battlefront would be like with a destructible environment?

Thanks and have a great day!
- TheGangstarTY
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123