SWEaW runtime error

Started by majorspidey, February 09, 2016, 08:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
'the program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way' any help? no? well here's the plan:
well first: FoC doesn't open at all,but I found its files on another PC and comparing file sizes it's okay,so I guess it's EaW that has a problem and is affecting FoC

Now,I don't have files for EaW and I can't install either on any of my PCs,2 of 3 I had the game installed on an external drive that I either don't have for the time being or is corrupted,the third is the one with the problem,the installer isn't working,so I can't uninstall EaW and reinstall it to work.
I want someone who has the game to give me a list of the files he has along with the size
EX:
Click: 82 KB
Hover: 12 KB
and so on...
GameData/
Bink....and so on.

then if I find something I'll send you my email (please don't spam) and you'd give me the files I need in zip through there,or maybe upload it somewhere,whatever is easier...

please guys help,I have to play the clone wars mod,I'm addicted!

Doesn't foc require eaw to run?

that's my point,that maybe the whole problem is with EaW

What do you own your game on? Steam?

Also, I think Windows 10 is causing these runtime issues. The same problem happens to ZeroEditor for SWBF on Windows 10.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

February 09, 2016, 03:18:34 PM #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:21:31 PM by Ltin
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on February 09, 2016, 02:28:31 PM
What do you own your game on? Steam?

Also, I think Windows 10 is causing these runtime issues. The same problem happens to ZeroEditor for SWBF on Windows 10.
I am on Windows 10, and experience no issues w/ eaw or foc (zero editor is another story)

What do you mean the installer isn't working?  As in it doesn't open?

Quote from: Ltin on February 09, 2016, 03:18:34 PM
I am on Windows 10, and experience no issues w/ eaw or foc (zero editor is another story)
What do you mean the installer isn't working?  As in it doesn't open?
What GPU are you using? you can theoretically try my ZE fix, it may lead to BSODs while playing, not sure, if your monitor has more than one cable port (ie. HDMI, DVI, VGA) try to connect your on-board graphics to it, or to a second monitor, then run the troublesome app again and see if it works, if it does then it may be your GPU, apparently Zero Editor doesn't like NVIDIA.
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

please guys send the info first then discuss.

ok 1- it's win8

2- it opens,it just fails to uninstall. it gives me an error,and just says to make sure I'm not un/installing something else.

the game is the retail version.

Vfan,wasn't ZE for BF? anyway I've got a nividia graphics card so I guess I shouldn't bother,should I?

please guys,gimme the info I asked for (IK it's tiring) first,then ask. I've got some files with 0K (and my chkdsk went through my game files) so I have reason to think replacing the files would fix it.

thanks for understanding

Quote from: majorspidey on February 10, 2016, 12:56:31 AM
please guys send the info first then discuss.

ok 1- it's win8

2- it opens,it just fails to uninstall. it gives me an error,and just says to make sure I'm not un/installing something else.

the game is the retail version.

Vfan,wasn't ZE for BF? anyway I've got a nividia graphics card so I guess I shouldn't bother,should I?

please guys,gimme the info I asked for (IK it's tiring) first,then ask. I've got some files with 0K (and my chkdsk went through my game files) so I have reason to think replacing the files would fix it.

thanks for understanding
Well here's the thing. I (and probably a number of others) own the game through steam. It is very likely the game had to be modified at least a little bit to run properly. This means those files may be different. Also you were vague on what you want. Be more specific, which directory? Even if we could help you, sending you those files is probably illegal in some capacity.

The best we can reasonably do is help you troubleshoot.
The Nvidia thing isn't relevant for this.
Did you install the clone wars mod yet?
Do you think the installer will be able to install?

February 10, 2016, 04:40:54 AM #8 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:52:39 AM by majorspidey
well I don't think it would be illegal to take half the files,as it won't work without all the files...regardless,you are right about the steam art so I guess I'll just wait until someone helps me with that or I reformat win7

I installed the clone wars mod and I think I forgot to mention it was working fine,until yesterday after the chkdsk.

the installer won't install the game on either of my 3 Windows,the first 2 had the games installed on external hard drives that are no longer there,so the installer thinks the game is present,but it isn't there,and I can't uninstall it either. the third is the one I've got a problem with and it won't install. could you send me the 'GameuxInstallHelper.dll' cuz it's 0Kb,so if that's why the installer won't uninstall someone send it to me please. if it's not,then never mind that.

Edit: don't need the 'GameuxInstallHelper.dll',I found it in the CD,replaced it,and still the uninstaller won't work.

Quote from: majorspidey on February 10, 2016, 04:40:54 AM
well I don't think it would be illegal to take half the files,as it won't work without all the files...regardless,you are right about the steam art so I guess I'll just wait until someone helps me with that or I reformat win7

I installed the clone wars mod and I think I forgot to mention it was working fine,until yesterday after the chkdsk.

the installer won't install the game on either of my 3 Windows,the first 2 had the games installed on external hard drives that are no longer there,so the installer thinks the game is present,but it isn't there,and I can't uninstall it either. the third is the one I've got a problem with and it won't install. could you send me the 'GameuxInstallHelper.dll' cuz it's 0Kb,so if that's why the installer won't uninstall someone send it to me please. if it's not,then never mind that.

Edit: don't need the 'GameuxInstallHelper.dll',I found it in the CD,replaced it,and still the uninstaller won't work.
are there any backups of that file directory?
To check if there are any backups right click on your eaw folder (the whole thing preferably) and click properties. Go to the tab that says something along the lines of backup or restore. If there are recent backups from before it stopped working but after you installed RAW try restoring that backup.

February 10, 2016, 12:52:15 PM #10 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:32:58 PM by majorspidey
no dice. I was thinking of restoring windows to an earlier time,I'm actually gonna try that right now...that would help,wouldn't it?

Edit: no restore points...

Quote from: majorspidey on February 10, 2016, 12:52:15 PM
no dice. I was thinking of restoring windows to an earlier time,I'm actually gonna try that right now...that would help,wouldn't it?
Are there no backups at all?
Or just in the time frame I described.
By restoring windows you mean restoring a backup of your files?  That would most likely work. This has probably already been mentioned,  but RAW is not installed atm yes?

February 11, 2016, 05:56:41 AM #12 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:46:41 AM by majorspidey
no backups at all,and RaW is installed,why?

Edit: oh wait,there was a manual backup,I'm looking for it

Edit: the backup is missing files :(

I'm convinced that replacing the texts folder and 2 files from the MSS32 would fix the problem, because I replaced the missing files from my backup (that I think is a failed uninstall from an earlier time) with the ones from my game that stopped functioning with exception of the 0k ones (the ones that are presumably corrupted) and it gave me a message that said files were either corrupted or couldn't run with this version of windows.
that would be 4 files total,if anyone is willing to help,I'd be glad. I also realized there were similar files for FoC. odds are they are different,but I'll try them until I have a better solution.

something weird happened: for my backup,it works. there may be some bugs later that I don't know of or the files could be replicas,I don't know,but it works,the problem is it still gives me the message that the file is corrupted and I had to ALT+TAB out,close the message then open the active game.
now the problem is that my original game that is linked to FoC is still terminating itself,weird. is there a certain file that links with FoC that I can't replace,or can I just override the whole game and FoC still recognize the game?
FinalEdit: I replaced the data folders in both game and now they both work,dunno why, but it worked!

thanks for helping me guys :D