ICW5

Started by [FC]BoMbeR, May 24, 2015, 06:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 24, 2015, 06:30:53 PM Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:57:27 PM by [FC]BoMbeR
Greetings, players of SWBF!

I have decided to host the fifth Intergalactic Clan War with Joseph's permission. Due to his limited availability he will not be able to host it this year and has given me permission to run it instead. I have been asking around the community and it seems there is a lot of interest for a ICW5 so I am confidant this will pan out. I have planned it to start July 10th 2015, this will give clans a lot of time to rally members. All the details about ICW5 will be listed below.

Important news/changes are listed in red.

{YAK}'s team will be represented by Shazam as before. You can join {YAK} by clicking here!

Administration:

Lead Admins:
1. BoMbeR
2. Dark Phantom

Admins:
1. Kelle
2. Kiwi
3. Phobos
4. Shazam
5. Oven/Joseph

Admins wanted

ICW5 week 1 date:

Matches will need to be posted on July 5th or 6th. The first set of matches will start on July 10th 2015.

General format:

1. Once clans are finalized, a tournament map will be published. It will look something like this. Each clan will start off with 3 randomly assigned planets. After Week 1, planet ownership is based on battle outcomes from the previous week.

2. There will be 6 weeks. The winner is the clan with the most planets at the end of Week 6. The nature of a tiebreaker will be determined if needed.

Match rules:

We are changing the previous rules about teams out numbering.

1. Neither team (Attackers or Defenders) can be outnumbered by more then 2. The clan:merc ratio will stay the same and can be at most 2:1. Rounding favors mercs. So 6:3 and 7:4 are both acceptable.

2. Matches must start within 10 minutes of the announced start time. If a clan is responsible for a delay greater than 10 minutes, they forfeit the match.

3. A player may spectate a battle, but only if one of the participating clans agrees to it (and if it wouldn't cause lag due to the amount of players in the server). They will wear a [Spec] tag, and hide out of the way during the battle, using freecam to watch.

4. Killing admins or spectators is prohibited.

5. The following generic rules apply:

A. SPECIAL UNIT RULES TBA. Will be either no specials, or fairside specials, possibly depending on map.
B. Vehicles are permitted when available.
C. Capturing CPs is permitted in all situations.
D. Pre-mines are not permitted in any situation, and laying pre-mines amounts to a penalty (admin discretion).
E. Spawn mines are permitted.
F. Teamkill is always off.
G. All servers shall be /noaim.
H. Be polite in yellow chat -- no swearing or insulting.
I. No false starts. (This means: stay very close to green CPs until the countdown ends. Yes, we all have freecam.)
J. Only an admin may countdown a battle.
K. No impersonating other clan members.
L. All players must wear tags ingame. (including Mercenaries)
M. No playing for or spying on the opposing clan's side. Join your clan's side ASAP upon entering the server.
N. Radar Policy: don't ask, don't tell.

6. Violation of these rules will result in an official warning by an in-game admin; penalties will ensue at the admin's discretion.

7. Calling out another clan for starting early, or having too many members, is completely fine, but all other matters should be left in the admin's hands.

8. Admins will record the results of a game using one or more of the following methods: freecam, video, xfire screenshots. An Admin will post the screenshot of the final screen on the forums soon after a battle is finished.

9. At all times Admins have the right to ask everyone except designated players in the server to stop yellow-chatting.

Clan lists and mercenaries:

1. Each clan is required to maintain a clan list throughout the tournament. Lists can be added to at any time, but never subtracted from (unless no battles have taken place since the change). The lists will be public; submit any changes to me and/or Phantom. The members of the list don't have to "be in" your clan officially, but they cannot appear on any other clan list at any time in the tournament.

2. So to clarify, if your clan has a friend who wants to play exclusively for you, they should probably be put on the clan list. Players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list.

3. Ingame, players must use a name identical to the one on the list. Mercenaries must wear a tag similar to: (Clan)(Merc)Name.

4. Namefaking is absolutely prohibited and, if confirmed, results in forfeit. Admins will check IPs in situations of doubt.

Attacks:

1. Each week I'll make a thread on Sunday or Monday where clans will make post attacks, negotiate times, post screenshots, etc. Battles should by default be scheduled for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. However, if both clans agree, and an admin can commit to coming, then it's OK to schedule earlier in the week. Attacks absolutely must be posted by Wednesday at midnight EST.

2. Of course, clans may only attack planets which are connected by a line (in the tournament map) to a planet they currently control.

3. Format your attacks thusly:

Attacking clan:
Defending clan:
Date:
Time (EST):
Attacker era/side:
Server location:

4. In the beginning, each clan may make 2 attacks per week. Because the tournament will have a shorter week-wise duration than previously, we may raise the limit to 3 if the first week(s) go well, if the community consents, and if we have enough admin support.

5. If a clan forfeits, their planets become native held, and attackers will face a team of "native". Anyone may show up as a native. However in this case the natives may be outnumbered by attackers. But there is a limit of 2 members per clan on the native side.

6. Clans can make planet announcements i.e. "call dibs" before officially listing times, as before.

7.  If you are attacking a clan that is primarily EU players you can not schedule a attack after 10 PM Berlin. (4PM EST) However the EU clan can attack at what ever time they want.

Finalizing Clans:

1. Clans will be Finalized June 30th 2015.

What to do now:

1. ICW5 is still a long ways away this gives everyone time to prepare and gather troops! Clans will need to post in this topic before June 30th.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

May 25, 2015, 01:21:36 AM #1 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:56:49 AM by Anyder
Do u expect to play while being lead admin ? (Just wondering)

I didnt get an answer from Phobos, but this is what i think of some of the rules and info:

Quote from: [FC]BoMbeR on May 24, 2015, 06:30:53 PM

A. SPECIAL UNIT RULES TBA. Will be either no specials, or fairside specials, possibly depending on map.

I just dont understand it... If u dont want DT, u should make it even by making it "Fairsides", adding reb pilot to the DT possition.

B. Vehicles are permitted when available.
This is gonna be really funny with all the camp and everything :')

M. No playing for or spying on the opposing clan's side. Join your clan's side ASAP upon entering the server.
Eh dude, SWBF1 has no "following-mate screen when swapping team xD so i dont know how someone could spy the opposite side. Besides, if what u mean by spying is knowing where they are, radar is more efficient...

Clan lists and mercenaries:

Also, How many clan/team admins ?

1. Each clan is required to maintain a clan list throughout the tournament. Lists can be added to at any time, but never subtracted from (unless no battles have taken place since the change). The lists will be public; submit any changes to me and/or Phantom. The members of the list don't have to "be in" your clan officially, but they cannot appear on any other clan list at any time in the tournament.

--> In case we join, FC Will use its own website to update it anytime instead of PMing people. U can take a pic of it before we start if u want, we're not gonna waste our time editing while playing the match lol

3. Ingame, players must use a name identical to the one on the list. Mercenaries must wear a tag similar to: (Clan)(Merc)Name.

I think the order should be up to the players as long as they have the merc word in the name...

3. Format your attacks thusly:

Attacking clan:
Defending clan:
Date:
Time (EST):
Attacker era/side:
Server location:

This is kinda useless since nobody will ask to play in an european server when most of the community of BF1 is based of USA players...

Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Anyder, if your clan is going to play in the ICW you will have to follow all of the rules including name tags and the proper maintenance and posting of clan member lists.

By spying they (the admins) are referring to listening in on another clans chat, you can learn a lot by seeing what the other clan is saying.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

May 25, 2015, 09:05:14 AM #3 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:46:45 AM by Anyder
Quote from: Norwood on May 25, 2015, 07:39:10 AM
Anyder, if your clan is going to play in the ICW you will have to follow all of the rules including name tags and the proper maintenance and posting of clan member lists.

By spying they (the admins) are referring to listening in on another clans chat, you can learn a lot by seeing what the other clan is saying.
We're gonna join so that we have some fun winning again xd
Im gonna follow all rules like i did in all the icws i participated, please make sure u do follow them, cause u might have just played 1 so u dont need to teach me anything ;)

So far if u want a team, i'll post here the members from FC. I'll go update this post whenever i know of more players playing for us
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

"Vehicles may be used when available" does not mean vehicles will always be available, they may be modded out on certain (most?) maps like last time. Obviously no one wants any battles to be tank camp wars.

so excited. Let the hype begin! Thanks for getting this up and running! i will probably be unable to play most weeks but will have to see <3

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

May 25, 2015, 03:10:35 PM #6 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:16:46 PM by (GGR)Mandalore.Wolfe{98th}
Do you have to sign up again if you were a yak already last season? I do not know if GGR will be able to participate so we might all just join the yak again
(MES)Csl.Josh (GGR)Ldr.Phoenix (GGR).Mndl.LoneWolfe

May 25, 2015, 04:15:47 PM #7 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:33:12 PM by [FC]BoMbeR
Quote from: Anyder on May 25, 2015, 01:21:36 AM
Do u expect to play while being lead admin ? (Just wondering)

I didnt get an answer from Phobos, but this is what i think of some of the rules and info:

Yes I do intend to play.

Quote from: Anyder on May 25, 2015, 01:21:36 AMI just dont understand it... If u dont want DT, u should make it even by making it "Fairsides", adding reb pilot to the DT possition.

It will probably be Dark Trooper vs Dark Trooper or Wookie vs Wookie.

Quote from: Anyder on May 25, 2015, 01:21:36 AMThis is gonna be really funny with all the camp and everything :')

More then likely vehicles will be turned off on 90% of the maps. There might be 1-2 maps with them, most likely only one.

Quote from: Anyder on May 25, 2015, 09:05:14 AM
We're gonna join so that we have some fun winning again xd
Im gonna follow all rules like i did in all the icws i participated, please make sure u do follow them, cause u might have just played 1 so u dont need to teach me anything ;)

Play nice please.

Quote from: (GGR)Mandalore.Wolfe{98th} on May 25, 2015, 03:10:35 PM
Do you have to sign up again if you were a yak already last season? I do not know if GGR will be able to participate so we might all just join the yak again

You will have to sign up again, {YAK}'s ICW4's roster will not carry over to ICW5.
Wusi best ever Swbf2

Wusi rq

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Quote from: (GGR)Mandalore.Wolfe{98th} on May 25, 2015, 03:10:35 PM

I removed everyone from the YAK Board to start fresh, but I can add you again.  Just post in the recruitment thread if you decide to be in YAK again.

I think Alpha will take part. Tcf and a few wusi said they would help us out. Will post clan list sometime later.

I highly doubt that 212 will participate in this one, as yet again the host is in a participating clan, which is not very professional.. because c'mon guys, really, no way it will turn out fair or unbiased. Will not even start to point out all the obvious flaws with that in the past ICWs.. lol. If anyone needs a merc feel free to PM me, I will join YAK as last resort.

I will take this to AaTc for vote. I don't know if I personally will be able to be there and a lot of our guys may be too busy, but hopefully there will be enough to play.

@Black Water, we may need your merc services if we join.  :)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 25, 2015, 08:16:42 PM #12 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:19:53 PM by [FC]BoMbeR
Quote from: Black Water on May 25, 2015, 07:41:21 PM
I highly doubt that 212 will participate in this one, as yet again the host is in a participating clan, which is not very professional.. because c'mon guys, really, no way it will turn out fair or unbiased. Will not even start to point out all the obvious flaws with that in the past ICWs.. lol. If anyone needs a merc feel free to PM me, I will join YAK as last resort.

It's a shame to see 212 not participating however {YAK} is always recruiting so I hope to see you on the battlefield!

Update:

*Dark Phantom added to lead admin*
Wusi best ever Swbf2

Wusi rq

Birdo best ever Swbf2

I might participate in this ICW. I've participated off-and-on in the past, and I've always attended at least one battle per ICW.

Put me down as a maybe, and even if I do end up playing, I'l probably side with YAK again (retired from Alpha a few months back).