Mission.lvl edit not working

Started by Bluetothestars, November 09, 2020, 02:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm trying to do a simple mission edit to make myself play as a jedi, however it's not working, what am I doing wrong?

post your mission lua at we can look.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on November 09, 2020, 04:48:48 AM
post your mission lua at we can look.
I got it to work for Hoth but for some reason BES1 doesn't work.

How do I find Luke Skywalker's ODF? I'm really struggling, I'm new to modding and this forum is basically dead. I want to make a mod where I can play as the only jedi hero and the AI will actually target me, because atm the AI doesn't target me when I'm a jedi.

Quote from: Bluetothestars on November 09, 2020, 02:24:58 AM
I'm trying to do a simple mission edit to make myself play as a jedi, however it's not working, what am I doing wrong?

So, since you didn't post your lua, there is no way we can tell what experience you have with modding and there are an infinite numbers of things that you could have done wrong.

There is no way we can even tell with your first statement that you know how to use the mod tools.

Quote from: Bluetothestars on November 10, 2020, 01:56:21 AM
I got it to work for Hoth but for some reason BES1 doesn't work.

How do I find Luke Skywalker's ODF? I'm really struggling, I'm new to modding and this forum is basically dead. I want to make a mod where I can play as the only jedi hero and the AI will actually target me, because atm the AI doesn't target me when I'm a jedi.

Again, no way for us to know unless you post your lua. 

Search the odf's for skywalker in the name.

Here is a handy tool for searching your hard drive.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

I think you will find others besides me willing to help new modders--but we need to establish your baseline knowledge and what you have done (specifically).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on November 10, 2020, 04:54:28 AM
So, since you didn't post your lua, there is no way we can tell what experience you have with modding and there are an infinite numbers of things that you could have done wrong.

There is no way we can even tell with your first statement that you know how to use the mod tools.

I think you will find others besides me willing to help new modders--but we need to establish your baseline knowledge and what you have done (specifically).
Sorry, I have attached the files.

I've found the skywalker ODF's, however, they all are in my BFBuilder folder.

Just for clarity, I have never modded before, my only experience was a bit of map making 9 years ago.

Quote from: Led on November 10, 2020, 04:54:28 AM

Right, I've managed to edit the file, however, whenever I play as a Jedi the AI don't target me, is there a way to fix this?

I don't remember exactly which one it is.  It's one of two things:
1.) you need to bring down the health of the jedi to something reasonable, like 1000.  So if it's Luke Skywalker, you'd change in all_inf_lukeskywalker.odf the line
MaxHealth = 1000000.0
AddHealth = 1000000.0

to something more like
MaxHealth = 1000
AddHealth = 10 //or just remove this line

2.) I don't remember if you need to add CanDeflect = 0 to the all_weap_lightsaber.odf (if it's Luke).  You would deflect all shots if that line isn't there, so it's probably best to add it anyway.

These are both side.lvl modifications that can't be done through the mission file.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on November 11, 2020, 04:44:21 PM
I don't remember exactly which one it is.  It's one of two things:
1.) you need to bring down the health of the jedi to something reasonable, like 1000.  So if it's Luke Skywalker, you'd change in all_inf_lukeskywalker.odf the line
MaxHealth = 1000000.0
AddHealth = 1000000.0

to something more like
MaxHealth = 1000
AddHealth = 10 //or just remove this line

2.) I don't remember if you need to add CanDeflect = 0 to the all_weap_lightsaber.odf (if it's Luke).  You would deflect all shots if that line isn't there, so it's probably best to add it anyway.

These are both side.lvl modifications that can't be done through the mission file.
It's not working. I can't seem to get the enemies to target me, and when I lower the health of the Jedi's, they end up dying quickly by grenades and heavy blaster turrets.

I made my own Jedi mod where I was the only one who could pick the Jedi class, added lightsaber deflection and changed the FOV. I also ran into an issue where I was being ignored as the hero by NPCs, but I discovered a small fix. Essentially, the NPCs will attack you if you have an AI hero on your team activated.

So for example: When it comes to instant action mode, turn on Instant action heroes. For galactic assault, choose the Jedi bonus and for campaign missions, play a mission where your team has a hero bonus activated. (or mod each mission to have the hero bonus activated for every mission) The NPCs will now attack you.

Unfortunately, this means that you will not be the only hero on the map. You will have 1 other hero on your team and, in the case of instant action, the enemy team will have a hero.

I believe the NPCs aren't registering that you are actually the hero if you don't have the actual AI hero on your team. I am not sure how to fix this but thought I would offer some sort of fix.