SWBF1 Museum Master Thread (WIP)

Started by Snake, May 15, 2013, 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Battle Royale characters should be used in the Museum?

~AF!zZingGunFlower
3 (23.1%)
Comfrost
2 (15.4%)
Dbiz
2 (15.4%)
GoldMan
3 (23.1%)
Kitfisto
3 (23.1%)
Led
5 (38.5%)
Phobos
6 (46.2%)
Republic Commando
4 (30.8%)
411 Remnant
3 (23.1%)
Roland
4 (30.8%)
Sereja
10 (76.9%)
Shazam
4 (30.8%)
Sleepkiller
6 (46.2%)
Snake
10 (76.9%)
Unit33
9 (69.2%)
tirpider
8 (61.5%)
Cinnamon
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

September 03, 2013, 01:59:39 PM #120 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:01:12 PM by Snake
The weirdest things happen in this game.. I just don't understand them. It seems that each unit is always doing a certain thing.

Like Led and Unit 33 are always sitting around at the CP's just chilling. Occasionally I see Unit 33 ground assaulting Noobs with Sereja. And one time I saw Led move.

Phobos is always in a group of about 4 Phobos' running around the map (or a lot of times running into one wall, defying the AI pathing for no reason).

Sereja is always-ALWAYS attacking the Noobs and you might see him (or a group of Sereja's) chasing a few of them around the map.

Sleepkiller is always in a Y-wing, flying around the map and making bombing runs on the Noobs (seriously, he's almost always the one in the Y-wing).

-Republic Commando- for some reason is always just standing on top of an invisible CP. There's one in the center of the Museum and one in the center of the Arena and I always see one of him just standing there.

tirpider is interesting, he is always found doing something weird. I've seen him somehow manage to get a kia rio into the Museum and he just kept running full speed into a wall. Or he is just riding around the map by himself doing random things. He almost never engages the Noobs.

I can't really put a finger on what I do. A lot of times I see me's attacking Noobs with Sereja, but other times there's just a me standing around at a CP, or in the Museum. I guess I'm a do-whatever kind of AI.

I really have no idea why these coincidences happen so often. Like one time, I was sitting by a CP and just watched as 4 Phobos' were running into a wall, while Unit 33 and Led just sat back and watched. They were at the same CP, with the same pathing affecting them. It just blows my mind sometimes.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 03, 2013, 02:30:48 PM #121 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:34:55 PM by UNIT 33
This is becoming borderline creepypasta material.

"And as I approached the ceremonial hall I could have sworn I heard something... the wind effects perhaps...
I reached the long hall. Peculiarly, Sereja was there. Around him sprawled the lifeless bodies of several Noobs...
I noticed that they lay in a pentagonal shape, pure coincidence surely...
I found myself unable to quit to desktop. As if a tangible something in that hall pulled me in.
The wind was more audible now, but it was more grotesque... like the wailings of the damned.

And then there was a ghost and I died"

Well that's how most creepypasta's go anyway.

September 03, 2013, 02:38:25 PM #122 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:34:20 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 03, 2013, 02:30:48 PM
This is becoming borderline creepypasta material.

"And as I approached the ceremonial hall I could have sworn I heard something... the wind effects perhaps...
I reached the long hall. Peculiarly, Sereja was there. Around him sprawled the lifeless bodies of several Noobs...
I noticed that they lay in a pentagonal shape, pure coincidence surely...
I found myself unable to quit to desktop. As if a tangible something in that hall pulled me in.
The wind was more audible now, but it was more like grotesque... like the wailings of the damned.

And then there was a ghost and I died"

Well that's how most creepypasta's go anyway.

Not to derail the thread here, but Unit, there actually is a creepypasta about SWBF, believe it or not. It is titled, "Star Wars: Deathfront".

WARNING: Creepypasta may contain some coarse language and gory writing. Reader's discretion is advised.

[spoiler]
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Deathfront
[/spoiler]

Now for curiousity's sake, is it possible to implement ANY of the features mentioned in the creepypasta via modding? :P

Hahahaha, I'm telling you the stuff in SWBF1 can be so weird.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 03, 2013, 03:00:29 PM #124 Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:29:54 AM by -RepublicCommando-
That was the craziest junk I've ever heard.. At least Snakes is believe-able and all-natural :P
--
I guess some art just creates it's own mind :P

September 03, 2013, 04:26:00 PM #125 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:27:46 PM by Snake
Here's my first gun I've gotten in-game. A funny looking paintball gun! (the grip point will be fixed)
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

well that article was... revealing is it odd that there aren't any servers on BF1 now... DUH DUH DUH
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Snake on September 03, 2013, 04:26:00 PM
Here's my first gun I've gotten in-game. A funny looking paintball gun! (the grip point will be fixed)
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Wow, not bad.
- How did you manage to do that with just sketchup and wings?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 03, 2013, 07:56:11 PM
Wow, not bad.
- How did you manage to do that with just sketchup and wings?

I figured out that you don't necessarily need the hardpoints. You just have to line it up right with the x/y/z intercepts and thats where the hand will automatically hold it. It does take a few tries to make sure it's facing the right way and the hand fits it right. The only problem is the hp_fire. The muzzle flash comes from right in front of the hand by default so it looks weird. But that can just be removed. It works pretty well though! I found all this out when I made a spear for the Talz and then when I put more of a focus on figuring out when I made a tablet for the Scribes to hold.

Quote from: vansting on September 03, 2013, 09:18:46 PM
For temple
By the way my name is like this(for some reason): Van STING         
Quote: "This is a game???"
Pictcha: http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/123028455-4.jpg

here's some cinematic screenshots that I felt like posting
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/125460180-4.jpg
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/126683483
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/125964025
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/125945155
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/125945152
http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/125460188

Alright, you're pretty late. :P But I will get that in there.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 04, 2013, 02:08:04 PM #130 Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:10:47 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Wow.. I always thought it was mandatory. I knew you didn't have to do it with melee weapons, but I assumed that was just some sort of glitch (a rather handy one).
-
The real hassle, is getting stuff scaled correctly from Sketchup to Battlefront :wacko:

edit: Im sure if you really wanted to, you could find a way to have a substitute hp_fire (ODF defined positions, like when you added the contrails for the F117 model).

its just a matter of changing a few numbers in the .msh.option

I've never seen an odf command that could do that.. would be interesting though
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 13, 2013, 01:15:49 PM #132 Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:11:02 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
ZOMBIE MODE, ZOMBIE MODE, ZOMBIE MODE feat. Wiz Khalifa and the Hyperion 2 sides (Just the Navy Commandos and zombies)

EDIT: Is this still going Snakey

"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Alright, I figured I'd post some updates since I've been working on the Museum. Right now my main project is finishing this stupid cantina. I made a perfectly good one in sketchup but one of the textures is giving me fits. I'll post some pics once I finish it.

Also, Unit 33 is making some nice propaganda and easter egg posters for your amusement.

And no, COD, there will not be a zombie mode. However, one of the characters is Sereja's Zombie.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 07, 2014, 02:04:54 PM #134 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:07:18 PM by CommanderAwesome
Might be a little late, but i'd like to be in the temple (I know i'm not the most well known member or the most experienced, but I do have big plans in the future and wan't to be remembered).

As for the quote i'm a bit indecisive so i'll let you choose:

"The future is your's to control. For something to happen, you must make it happen." -I don't remember if someone else said this or if I came up with this independently.

"Never judge someone by the number of posts the have or how long they've been around, but only by the quality of their work and how they treat others."

"If you are going to call someone a n00b, remember, so were you when you just started."

"Remember, we play this game to have fun, not to to show we're better."