New SWBF to be showcased at E3

Started by Droideka, May 06, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Best birthday. Ever. Of all time. :cheer:
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Well it looks like they're taking it seriously, that Endor foliage was pretty rad.

It seems the overall sentiment of the video was about winning our trust by showing as little as possible.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 09, 2014, 02:06:50 PM
Well it looks like they're taking it seriously, that Endor foliage was pretty rad.

It seems the overall sentiment of the video was about winning our trust by showing as little as possible.

Honestly I don't think there was a lot to show yet. They didn't even have their AT-ST assets textured.  :shrug:
photobucket limit image removed

Maybe they've spent all year getting this animation really smooth:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Yes, nice ferns.

Let's hope it plays well  ;)

BTW, I have now been getting really slow load times on the website...feels like dialup...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I am having extremely slow connection as well (took me about 3 minutes to load this page).

Like the smooth animations though.

Their Frostbite engine seems to do wonders. They managed to create interesting atmospheres ( I really got hyped by seeing the snowspeeders flying on hoth )

Although it was more of a dev diary than anything, I still like. That hoth shot was amazing.
Dear ea: screw you. I want to play this on my pc. Not a console.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 09, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
Maybe they've spent all year getting this animation really smooth:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

maybe they spent their entire time on a good looking trailer...like this one :D

Quote from: Gold Man on June 09, 2014, 12:39:49 PM
Well, it was better than CGI stuff!

Only thing I can say about this is: I need a new computer. :P
Me too.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm so PUMPED!!!!!* This crap is finally gettin' REAL!!!!!!  :cheer:  :tu: :huzzah:

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT FOREVER!!!!!!!!

*as in excited.

Hey Cool! Nice trailer maybe it is a good sign of what is yet to come. I have, what about sixteen or seventeen months to save for a new computer. :P
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Thankfully I have the hardware to handle it, but I really hope they pay much closer attention to scale over how the old SWBF games have. It looks like they are from what I can tell. This would be AT-AT's being larger as well as starships (in other words not the tiny capital ships BF2 had  :P). Ever remember on the battle of Hoth (in the movies) how a snow speeder flies in between the legs of an AT-AT from the side? That isn't near as satisfying in the current game's we have because of this scaling issue. So that's one thing I'm really hoping is minded well in the new game.

Quote from: Epifire on June 09, 2014, 03:29:51 PM
Thankfully I have the hardware to handle it, but I really hope they pay much closer attention to scale over how the old SWBF games have. It looks like they are from what I can tell. This would be AT-AT's being larger as well as starships (in other words not the tiny capital ships BF2 had  :P). Ever remember on the battle of Hoth (in the movies) how a snow speeder flies in between the legs of an AT-AT from the side? That isn't near as satisfying in the current game's we have because of this scaling issue. So that's one thing I'm really hoping is minded well in the new game.

While that's all fine and dandy with scaling, I can't help but wonder what the game's going to be like, performance-wise. I imagine space battles and Endor will be laggy as heck thanks to the high-quality graphics Frostbite provides.

Even so, what type of hardware are we possibly looking at for running a game of this caliber? I really don't want to dive into a console to play this thing.

Quote from: Gold Man on June 09, 2014, 05:25:49 PM
While that's all fine and dandy with scaling, I can't help but wonder what the game's going to be like, performance-wise. I imagine space battles and Endor will be laggy as heck thanks to the high-quality graphics Frostbite provides.

Even so, what type of hardware are we possibly looking at for running a game of this caliber? I really don't want to dive into a console to play this thing.

Well it is Frostbite and I don't think it will take as much hardware to run it as people think. This should be aimed at new consoles in addition to PC so you already know it's gonna be played down a bit on the graphical power.  Firstly the engine does have it's own form of optimization for this format of game (as a sandbox map development system) and while I really don't like Frostbite in terms of stability, I'm certain it can cap performance based on good LOD systems and graphical settings.

Not sure what you run, hardware wise. I mean I think it'll have to be a bit on the higher end, unless you want to max it out, I don't think it'll have to be insane.

If this game is all that I've wanted for the past 6 years, I will literally build a 1500 dollar gaming rig for it, somehow.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever