Sport Discussion

Started by Kit Fisto, June 30, 2012, 06:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Starting High school!!! You should have done water polo! That sport is hard as  :censored: but fun!! Last year during summer league I looked like popeye! http://popeye.com/ In case you don't know who that is...

Football is more fun than any other sport I've played, despite the injury factor. My second favorite would have to be soccer 'cause I have good endurance.

June 30, 2012, 02:52:06 PM #2 Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:53:38 PM by Disciple
Soccer>Football :P ( I don`t know if I can say that because Im from Brasil so it`s kinda obvious XDDD )

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on June 30, 2012, 12:53:38 PM
Football is more fun than any other sport I've played, despite the injury factor. My second favorite would have to be soccer 'cause I have good endurance.
What other sports have you tried? Have you tried water polo? Has anyone tried/play water polo!? :ohmy:

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on June 30, 2012, 08:09:26 PM
Has anyone tried/play water polo!? :ohmy:
Nope, can't swim. Table tennis and Table Football/Soccer is a lot of fun though.

Can't swim! What if the world ends by a giant flood! and you have to swim 100 yards to get to safety!!!!!  :P
Table tennis/soccer is fun though, I agree on that!!

I have split this topic due to it's change of direction.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 01, 2012, 06:57:38 AM
Can't swim! What if the world ends by a giant flood! and you have to swim 100 yards to get to safety!!!!!  :P
Table tennis/soccer is fun though, I agree on that!!

I live on a hill in the middle/North of England, so :P

Also.... I did once find a Table Football/Soccer game on an Italian mountain... it was weird. Just in the middle of nowhere. Luckily I was with 6 other people and we had a fun game... on this mountain,

True story!

July 01, 2012, 08:36:06 AM #7 Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:38:21 AM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on June 30, 2012, 12:53:38 PM

Actually... football players are significantly less injury prone than soccer players.

Stay safe.

Quote from: Unit 33 on July 01, 2012, 07:22:41 AM

Also.... I did once find a Table Football/Soccer game on an Italian mountain... it was weird. Just in the middle of nowhere. Luckily I was with 6 other people and we had a fun game... on this mountain,

True story!

Wait! You just found a table soccer set out on a mountain in Italy!!!

Quote from: BlackScorpion on July 01, 2012, 08:36:06 AM
Actually... football players are significantly less injury prone than soccer players.

Stay safe.
I think this is true because football players wear a lot of padding, while with soccer they don't wear any...

I do enjoy tennis most as a spectator sport. The kind of endurance the players have is amazing.
The mind games that go on between opponents are also fascinating...

Whoa whats with your new Profile Pic!!?? :help:

I tried Tennis but it wasn't for me.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 01, 2012, 12:00:25 PM
Whoa whats with your new Profile Pic!!?? :help:

I tried Tennis but it wasn't for me.

No doubt about it... Tennis is quite difficult I can't play it at all! But Badminton's quite easy to get into... it's sort of a buffer into Tennis.

The profile image is from Team Fortress 2.

Yes badmitton is easier than tennis and, in my opinion a lot more fun. Have you tried/watched baseball?

July 01, 2012, 03:39:29 PM #13 Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:41:25 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 01, 2012, 10:59:13 AM
I think this is true because football players wear a lot of padding, while with soccer they don't wear any...

The thing is, American Football is a collision sport.  Association Football is a contact sport. The difference between the two is that a contact sport has limited contact (for what it's worth, I guess the NFL is a contact sport... if your name is Tom Brady).

You bring up padding... correct an American if he is wrong, but don't Rugby players wear limited padding?  Perhaps around the same level of padding as Soccer players?  Yet Soccer has 323% the frequency of injuries as Rugby, which is a collision sport, unlike Soccer.
Unfortunately, I can't go into further depth because there isn't much differentiation between the severity of various injuries (which is why I talked about frequency).  :(

Quote from: BlackScorpion on July 01, 2012, 03:39:29 PM
The thing is, American Football is a collision sport.  Association Football is a contact sport. The difference between the two is that a contact sport has limited contact (for what it's worth, I guess the NFL is a contact sport... if your name is Tom Brady).

You bring up padding... correct an American if he is wrong, but don't Rugby players wear limited padding?  Perhaps around the same level of padding as Soccer players?  Yet Soccer has 323% the frequency of injuries as Rugby, which is a collision sport, unlike Soccer.
Unfortunately, I can't go into further depth because there isn't much differentiation between the severity of various injuries (which is why I talked about frequency).  :(

Although in Soccer (Football) injuries are often used quite tactically.
For instance in the Greece and Russia game a couple of weeks ago a Greek player stalled and bought time for his team after a non-existant injury.
Having being stretchered off he immediately stood up as if his injury was magically gone and rejoined the game...